Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cherry Blossom Girls

So, paradise just keeps getting better and better. I found out very recently that myself, Kelsey, and Yoko (the three fellowship recipients) will be leading taiko workshops for Hawaii's Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Now...the important thing is who these workshops are for...they're for the Cherry Blossom Festival pageant contestants!! Yes, that means I get to be with a group of fine young ladies (if you'd like to see them, click here ) in a series of workshops teaching them how to play taiko for a performance they are doing at the opening of the Cherry Blossom Festival Ball, where one of them will be crowned queen of the event. We'll be composing a simple song for them, and be teaching them the song and the basics of playing taiko over a series of 9 workshops (the first of which was this evening) up until the event at the end of March. Normally Endo Sensei leads these practices, but the responsibility was given to us. Believe me, I'm not complaining in the least bit. :)

So, the first workshop was tonight (each is an hour and a half long), and it was fun getting to teach them. I definitely enjoy teaching and seeing other people have fun doing what I enjoy doing so much (especially if they're cute girls. =P ). Most of them seem to be enjoying themselves, and although they feel and look a little awkward now, they'll hopefully all be comfortable with what they're doing by the end of these workshops. I'm definitely eager to see how this all turns out, and to see what we can accomplish until their performance.

And NO, I'm not allowed to date any of them until after the Cherry Blossom Ball. =\ And NO, that's not the reason why I volunteered to lead these workshops anyway. =P

A short post, but if this isn't making you jealous, my next post will...

1 comment:

Kazuhiro said...

ok, send me Melody Yoshimura:)